Tuesday, June 18, 2024

MVEMC Prayer Night Date, June 18th, 2024

                                 MVEMC Prayer Night Date, June 18th, 2024

Purpose: The purpose of an evening of prayer is to come together, as a body, to seek the will of God for our church in a posture of humble seeking. Frequently, prayer is needed to bend our will to God's will and purpose for our lives, not for God to be a prayer-driven vending machine simply granting our desires.

Instructions: Two themes are presented each evening and there are two corresponding Bible verses for each theme. Read the theme, then look at the first passage for that theme. Each passage is presented in five different translations. Each translation is presented in a slightly different way depending on the work of the translation committee for that translation. Pay attention to the different wording used in the various texts.

Read all five translations slowly pondering over each one, then go before the Lord in a Spirit-led prayer concentrating on the theme. When you have finished with your prayer, take a few moments to pause in silence and listen to what the Holy Spirit may be trying to speak to you.

When you are ready, repeat the process for the second verse of the first theme. After an appropriate time, repeat the first two steps with the second theme for the evening.

Remember to use your own words, but it is acceptable to pray Scripture back to the Lord if you are stuck for words or need a place to start.

Thank you for praying for Mountain View Evangelical Missionary Church!

Theme 1: Unity in our church.

Passage One 2 Chronicles 30:12

12 Also in Judah the hand of God was on the people to give them unity of mind to carry out what the king and his officials had ordered, following the word of the Lord. NIV

12 The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king and the princes commanded by the word of the Lord. ESV

12 The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king and the princes commanded by the word of Yahweh. LSB

12 Also, the power of God was at work in Judah to unite them to carry out the command of the king and his officials by the word of the Lord. CSB

12 At the same time, God’s hand was on the people in the land of Judah, giving them all one heart to obey the orders of the king and his officials, who were following the word of the Lord. NLT

Passage Two: Ephesians 4:1-3

1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. NIV

1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ESV

1 Therefore I, the prisoner in the Lord, exhort you to walk worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. LSB

 

1 Therefore I, the prisoner in the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. CSB

1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. NLT

Theme 2: Children for Sunday School

Passage One Psalm 71.5

For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. NIV.

For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. ESV

5 For You are my hope; O Lord Yahweh, You are my trust from my youth. LSB

 

For you are my hope, Lord God, my confidence from my youth. CSB

 

O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood. NLT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Passage Two Psalm 71:17

17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. NIV

17  O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. ESV

17 O God, You have taught me from my youth, And I still declare Your wondrous deeds. LSB

17 God, you have taught me from my youth, and I still proclaim your wondrous works. CSB

17 O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do. NLT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John: So That You May Believe, Gospel of John Part 05 John 1:19-28 "The Lord's Herald"

  October 13 th , 2024 From The Series: John- So That You May Believe Part 05 The Lord’s Herald The Gospel of John 1:19-28 Mountain View Eva...