Thursday, August 22, 2024

MVEMC Prayer NIght August 20th, 2024

 MVEMC Prayer Night Date, August 20th, 2024

Topic One: Discernment For Our Body

Passage One: Hosea 14:9

"Who is wise? Let them realize these things. Who is discerning? Let them understand. The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them." NIV

"  Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; whoever is discerning, let him know them; for the ways of the Lord are right, and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them." ESV

"9 Whoever is wise, so let him discern these things; Whoever is discerning, let him know them. For the ways of Yahweh are right, And the righteous will walk in them, But transgressors will stumble in them." LSB

"Let whoever is wise understand these things, and whoever is insightful recognize them. For the ways of the Lord are right, and the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them." CSB

"Let those who are wise understand these things. Let those with discernment listen carefully. The paths of the Lord are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them. But in those paths, sinners stumble and fall." NLT

Passage Two: Hebrews 5:14

" 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil." NIV

" 14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil." ESV

"14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern both good and evil." LSB

"14 But solid food is for the mature—for those whose senses have been trained to distinguish between good and evil." CSB

"14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong." NLT

 

Topic Two: Praise For New Arrivals

Passage One: Deuteronomy 10:20-21

" 21 He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes." NIV

" 21 He is your praise. He is your God, who has done for you these great and terrifying things that your eyes have seen." ESV

"21 “He is your praise, and He is your God, who has done these great and fearsome things for you which your eyes have seen." LSB

" 21 He is your praise and he is your God, who has done for you these great and awe-inspiring works your eyes have seen." CSB or NCV

"21 He alone is your God, the only one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done these mighty miracles that you have seen with your own eyes." NLT

 

Passage Two: Psalm 42:11

"11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." NIV

"11 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?                       Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." ESV

"11 Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Wait for God, for I shall still praise Him, The salvation of my presence and my God." LSB

"11 Why, my soul, are you so dejected? Why are you in such turmoil? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise him, my Savior and my God." CSB

"11 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!" NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

John-So That You May Believe... Gospel of John Part 02 John 1:1-5 "The Logos"

  September 15 th , 2024 From The Series: John- So That You May Believe Part 2 The Logos The Gospel of John 1:1-5 Mountain View Evan...