Thursday, October 3, 2024

MVEMC Prayer Night October 1, 2024

 MVEMC Prayer Night Date, October 1st, 2024

Tonight, we are praying over two topics. Topic one is asking for discernment for the body of this church. We have tough decisions to make in the future. Topic two is a request to the Lord to show us chances for evangelism and how to reach our neighbours.

Instructions: Read the suggested passage offered (or, if you are praying at home and the Holy Spirit brings a different passage to mind, use that passage) in the various translations listed under it. Pay attention to the different English words used by the multiple translators. After reading the translations offer up your praise and prayers to the Lord. Take your time moving on to the next prayer. Wait for a short time in silence listening for anything that the Holy Spirit may say to you. Take this prayer time as an opportunity to grow closer to Jesus in your prayer time.

Topic One: Discernment For the Body

Passage One: James 1:5

 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” NIV

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” ESV

5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” LSB

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God—who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly—and it will be given to him.” CSB

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.” NLT

Passage Two: Matthew 7:24

24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” NIV

24 Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” ESV

24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.” LSB

24 Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” CSB

24 Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.” NLT

Topic Two: Chances For Evangelism

Passage One: Psalm 105:1

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” NIV

1 Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!”  ESV

1 Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!”  LSB

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; proclaim his deeds among the peoples.” CSB

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.” NLT

Passage Two: Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” NIV

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” ESV

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” LSB

Then I heard the voice of the Lord asking: Who will I send? Who will go for us?” CSB

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.” NLT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Habakkuk 2:2-5, How Shall the Righteous Person Live?

  How Shall the Righteous Person Live? Habakkuk 2:2-5 This morning, I would like to continue our series from the Book of Habakkuk. This wi...