Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Mountain View Prayer Night September 3rd, 2024

 MVEMC Prayer Night Date, September 3rd,2024

Tonight, we are praying over two topics. Topic one is offering praise to the Lord for the new people He has brought to our church over the past year. The Lord is at work in our church! Topic two is a request to the Lord for Him to bring young families with young children so that we may continue the Lord's work for another generation.

Instructions: Read the suggested passage offered (or, if you are praying at home and the Holy Spirit brings a different passage to mind, use that passage) in the various translations listed under it. Pay attention to the different English words used by the multiple translators. After reading the translations offer up your praise and prayers to the Lord. Take your time moving on to the next prayer. Wait for a short time in silence listening for anything that the Holy Spirit may say to you. Take this prayer time as an opportunity to grow closer to Jesus in your prayer time.

Topic One: Praise to God for New People Coming

Passage One: Psalm 118:28-29

28 You are my God, and I will praise you; you are my God, and I will exalt you. 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. NIV

28   You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you. 29  Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! ESV

28 You are my God, and I give thanks to You; You are my God, I exalt You. 29 Give thanks to Yahweh, for He is good; For His lovingkindness endures forever. LSB

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks. You are my God; I will exalt you. 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his faithful love endures forever. CSB

28 You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. NLT

Passage Two: Matthew 7:7-8

  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  NIV

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. ESV

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. LSB

“Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  CSB

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. NLT

 

Topic Two: Asking for New Families

Passage One: Psalm 145:1

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. NIV

   I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. ESV

1 I will exalt You, my God, O King, And I will bless Your name forever and ever. LSB

I exalt you, my God the King, and bless your name forever and ever. CSB

I will exalt you, my God and King, and praise your name forever and ever. NLT

 

Passage Two: Jeremiah 24:7

I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart. NIV

I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart. ESV

7 ‘I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am Yahweh; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart. LSB

I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God because they will return to me with all their heart. CSB

I will give them hearts that recognize me as the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly. NLT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John-So That You May Believe... Gospel of John Part 02 John 1:1-5 "The Logos"

  September 15 th , 2024 From The Series: John- So That You May Believe Part 2 The Logos The Gospel of John 1:1-5 Mountain View Evan...